Designed for use with the ADS flow solver Leo, Code Wand is a robust automated mesh generator optimized for turbomachinery blading applications. With most meshes created in under a minute, Code Wand is ideal for optimization loops.
Using virtually any type of geometry format as input, Code Wand generates high quality airfoil meshes using advanced mesh topology techniques that concentrate nodes where they're needed most.
Airfoils supported include compressor and turbine airfoils, multi-airfoils such as radial impellers with splitters, and multi-stage airfoil rows.
Robust Geometry Support
Code Wand supports a wide array of Cartesian and cylindrical coordinate-based input geometry formats.
Advanced Mesh Topology Generation
Code Wand employs proven techniques to concentrate mesh nodes where they're needed most for your flow simulation:
- An advanced OHH-type mesh topology to optimize capture of flow phenomena near the leading and trailing edges
- An innovative clearance meshing algorithm to improve the efficiency and performance of tip clearance and stator end gap meshes
- Automatic constant radius cut trailing edges for centrifugal compressors
- Automated mesh smoothing using Laplace or Poisson solvers
- Mesh fanout to enhance unsteady simulation accuracy
- Choice of wall integration or wall function options for meshing close to airfoil walls
- Square trailing edge support
- Integrated leading and trailing edge enhancement modes
- Support for legacy OH-type, hybrid H-type and sheared H-type mesh topologies
Fine Grained Mesh Controls
- From the leading to trailing edge of the airfoil
- From the hub to tip of the airfoil
- From the upstream boundary to the leading edge of the airfoil
- From the trailing edge of the airfoil to the downstream boundary
- Across the airfoil pitch