Latest release enhances industry-leading capabilities and expands the analysis domain for ADS CFD
Danville, Calif. - March 17, 2015 - AeroDynamic Solutions, Inc. (ADS) today announced the availability of ADS 6.5, a significant update to its turbomachinery CFD solution suite.
- Aero-damping analysis using a 2D moving mesh capability. Release 6.5 makes available for the first time an aero-damping analysis using 2D moving meshes. Aero-damping calculations can be done using both the dual-time stepping method, for single row and multi-row calculations, and a newly introduced Non-Linear Harmonic Balance method for single row calculations.
- Unstructured mesh partitioning using MeTiS. Partitioning of unstructured meshes for faster execution times across multiple cores just got much faster, much easier, and much more flexible. With Release 6.5, the open-source partitioning library MeTiS has been integrated with ADS-UTIL and has shown incredible promise to improve turnaround time for unstructured meshes.
- Windows 64bit support. Release 6.5 also includes native 64-bit windows executables. This enables users of the Windows operating systems to execute extremely large meshes that were previously inaccessible due to addressable memory limits.
- Pointwise CAE Plugin. Introduced in Pointwise v17.3, the ADS CAE plugin enables Pointwise mesh users to create restart files directly. The ADS CAE plugin can be used to create unstructured restart files from both unstructured and structured meshes. These restart files can then be initialized with the ADS workbench. With Pointwise integration, users of ADS 6.5 have an even faster path for analysis of complex geometries.
- ADS Workbench updates. Release 6.5 is the first ADS workbench that incorporates the Eclipse 4.3.2 environment for improved workbench stability. Also introduced in ADS 6.5 is a conversion and initialization wizard for integration with the Pointwise CAE Plugin. Lastly, new compute instance support for C3 and C4 type cloud instances has been added.
"We continue to incorporate capabilities deemed of high importance to our turbomachinery clients," said Bob Ni, Chairman and CTO of ADS. "ADS 6.5 offers a significant upgrade to our existing capabilities and enables our clients to further streamline aero analysis. The goal at ADS has always been to enable confidence in designs, and ADS 6.5 continues with that tradition."
For more information about ADS or to register for a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.
ADS delivers aerospace-class CFD for the global turbomachinery industry. Built on the innovations of Ron-Ho Ni and rooted in decades of cutting edge aerospace application, the ADS solution suite enables turbomachinery designers to tackle a wide range of compressor and turbine flow problems with confidence. The company is privately held and headquartered in Pleasanton, CA. For more information or to download a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.