Latest release streamlines turbine aerodynamic analysis and expands system output for greater design insight
PLEASANTON, Calif. - September 19, 2012 - AeroDynamic Solutions, Inc. (ADS) today announced the availability of ADS 5.3, a minor update to its turbomachinery CFD solution suite.
ADS 5.3 features several new capabilities, including:
- Automated turbine speedline generation and post-processing. The automated compressor speedline generation and post-processing capability announced earlier this year has been extended to radial turbines. Turbine speedlines can now be generated from a single converged solution across a range of back pressures with user definable offsets. To simplify post-processing, a consolidated mean value file (.SPEEDLINE) is generated for each speedline comparing corrected flow to pressure ratio, efficiency to pressure ratio, row efficiency to overall stage efficiency, and pressure loss per row for each point on the speedline.
- New speedline plots. New to ADS 5.3 are compressor and turbine loss coefficient plots and a diffuser pressure recovery plot for compressors.
- New advanced flows. Release 5.3 includes new advanced flows to automate running a simulation to convergence and finding a target mass flow.
- Enhanced solution output detail. Leading and trailing edge mean value data is now incorporated into the .MEANVALUE system output file. For simulations involving splitter blades, loading information for the splitter blades are now incorporated into the .LOAD file.
- Workbench productivity enhancements. For increased execution flexibility, Release 5.3 provides support for remote host execution within the ADS Workbench. The ADS Workbench also adds workspace search and file comparison capabilities for enhanced user productivity.
"We remain focused on crafting turbomachinery CFD that can be counted on for design," said Bob Ni, Chairman and CTO of ADS. "ADS 5.3 enables our customers to streamline turbine aerodynamic analysis and capitalize on expanded system output for greater design insight."
For more information about ADS or to register for a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.
ADS delivers aerospace-class CFD for the global turbomachinery industry. Built on the innovations of Ron-Ho Ni and rooted in decades of cutting edge aerospace application, the ADS solution suite enables turbomachinery designers to tackle a wide range of compressor and turbine flow problems with confidence. The company is privately held and headquartered in Pleasanton, CA. For more information or to download a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.